南部藩一覧

南部藩士の墓地

函館市船見町の外国人墓地を少し進むと南部藩士の墓地に遭遇する。幕府による蝦夷地直轄時代、その警備にあたったのが南部藩を含む東北の諸藩だった。函館で命を落とした南部藩士の墓である。

 南部藩士の墓地

 2012年6月24日訪問。函館市観光標識の内容は次のとおり。

 

南部藩士の墓地

寛政11(1799)年幕府は東蝦夷地を直轄地(5年後には西蝦夷地も)としてその経営に乗り出し、蝦夷地の警備を南部・津軽の両藩に命じた。

両藩はそれぞれ500名ほどの藩士を派遣して警備に当たることとなった。南部藩は元陣屋を箱館に置き根室、国後、択捉に勤番所を設け、その任に就いた。その後、文政4(1821)年に蝦夷地は松前藩に返還されたため、両藩士たちはそれぞれ帰藩したが、安政元(1854)年に再び蝦夷地が幕府の直轄地となると、再び東北の諸藩に蝦夷地の警備と開拓が命じられた。南部藩は箱館から幌別(現登別市)までを担当、600余名が勤務していた。

しかし、幕府が倒され明治新政府が誕生すると、箱館に箱館府が置かれて蝦夷地の経営を担当することとなり、東北諸藩の蝦夷地詰の人々は帰藩していった。

この間、多くの南部藩士が事故や病気で異郷の地に倒れた。函館で弔われた人については明治39(1906)年から盛岡出身の有志で慰霊を続けてきたが、墓石や碑が散在し荒廃していくのを憂い、昭和12年にこの地に集めたものである。

現在、この墓地には、12名の藩士の墓が祀られている。

函館市

THE CEMETERY OF NANBU HANSHI

The Tokugawa shogunate began its direct rule of the eastern part of Ezo ( now Hokkaido ) in 1799 and then expanded this area to include the western part 5 years later. It ordered two clans, the Nanbu clan ( now Iwate Prefecture ) and the Tsugaru clan ( now Aomori Prefecture ) to guard Ezo. Each clan dispatched 500 samurais to Ezo to fulfill this duty. The Nanbu clan located its headquarters in Hakodate and set up its branch offices in Nemuro, Kunashiri and Etorofu. Later on, those samurais went back to their hometowns because Ezo was returned to the Matsumae clan by the shogunate in 1821. The shogunate, however, ruled Ezo again in 1854 and re-ordered some clans in the Tohoku area to protect and develop Ezo. More than 600 Nanbu samurais performed their duties and were in charge of the area from Hakodate to Horobetsu ( now Noboribetsu ).

After the shogunate was overthrown and the Meiji regime was establishied, the new government designated Hakodate as the capital of Ezo and the samurais staying in Ezo returned home.

While performing their duties away from their homes, many Nanbu samurais were killed or died of sickness. A group of concerned citizens from Morioka city in Iwate Prefecture have begun activities to console those samurais who died in Hakodate since 1906. Seeing the ruined gravestones scattered around Hakodate, the people gathered them together in this cemetery in 1937. Now 12 Nanbu samurai tombs can be found here.

CITY OF HAKODATE

 

場所:GoogleMap


東蝦夷地南部藩砂原陣屋跡

2007年訪問の森町砂原の南部藩砂原陣屋跡。

今も土塁の跡が残されている。

 

南部藩陣屋跡

2007年3月3日撮影。

 

南部藩陣屋跡

2007年3月3日撮影。

 

南部藩陣屋跡

2007年3月3日撮影。

 

敷地内には説明板が設置されている。2007年当時2種類の説明板があり、内容はほぼ同一。

記載されていた内容は以下のとおり。

 

東蝦夷地南部藩砂原陣屋跡<国指定史跡>

昭和49年8月22日指定

所在地 四軒町

設置年月日 安政三年

幕府は安政2年4月(1855)仙台、秋田、南部、津軽、及松前の5藩に、蝦夷地警衛の分担を命じた。

南部藩は箱館表出崎の警衛を主として、恵山岬から東蝦夷地幌別まで、一帯の海岸を持場として、箱館谷地頭の北方に元陣屋をおき、砂原分屯所(南部陣屋)は、安政3年には、四軒町にあり、兵隊約50名、砂原は市中と神社脇や駒ヶ岳のふもとに、小屯(見張所)をおいた。

旧砂原町四軒町に、東西37間(66.6m)南北約33間(59.4m)の方形に、周囲の土塁の高さ、約1丈(3m)である。

 

 

蝦夷地南部藩砂原陣屋跡(国指定史跡)

Sawara-territory of Nanbu-domain in East Ezo ( Hokkaido ) ( National Historic sight )

この陣屋跡は、幕府の命により、南部藩が北辺警備のために、安政3年(1856年)10月より翌1月にかけて築造したといわれている、南部藩室蘭陣屋の砂原分屯所です。

明治元年(1868年)砂原陣屋(分屯所)内の家屋等を壊して引揚げるまで、常に約30名の藩兵が駐屯していたといわれています。

広さは、東西約37間(66.6m)、南北約33間(59.4m)の方形に、周囲の土塁の高さ、約1丈(3m)と記録されています。

Years ago , there was a fort in the Sawara-territory built by the Nanbu-domain under order of the Shogonate. The construction lasted from October 1856 through January 1857. Upon completion , it spanned 66.6 m from East to West , 59.4 m from North to South and 3 m in height. The Sawara-territory fort served as a branch to a fort already existing in Muroran city. Thirty people from the Nanbu-domain stayed at the Sawara-territory fort until 1868 when all buildings were ordered destroyed.

森町

 


南部藩陣屋跡

ロープウェイ基地から南部坂を下ると南部藩陣屋跡の碑がある。

 

南部藩陣屋跡

2008年9月15日撮影。

 

函館市設置の観光標識の内容は次のとおり。

 

 

南部藩陣屋跡
幕府が蝦夷地(北海道)を初めて直轄した時代(1799年〜1821年)、幕府の命により南部藩が蝦夷地を整備するための陣屋跡で、敷地は、当初16,200m2ほどであったが、19,800m2増して36,000m2以上となった。
建物は極めて粗末で、ここには相当な人数が勤務し越冬していたが、病人がたくさん出た。(文化4年には342人勤務、うち150人越冬)
後の幕領時代(1854年〜1867年)にもここを陣屋として再建し、約300人が勤務していた。
明治元年戊辰戦が東北に及び国元を守備する為、同年8月11日夜、イギリス人ブラキストンから雇入れた汽船に乗って箱館を引き揚げ、南部へ帰った。
この碑は昭和29年7月30日、岩手県南部会が建立した。
函館市
 
The remains of the garrison of the Nanbu Clan
These are the remains of the garrison where the Nanbu clan kept watch over Ezo (Hokkaido) Between 1799 and 1821, the Tokugawa Shogunate government had Ezo under their direct control. At first the Nanbu garrison covered 16,200 square meters and was later enlarged to more than 36,000 square meters.
In 1807, 342 men worked and stayed there throughout the cold season. Because the building was so poorly constructed and offered little protection, many became ill. Only 150 men survived through the winter. Between 1854 and 1867, the garrison was rebuilt and about 300 men served here. In 1868, fighting from the Boshin Civil War spread to the Tohoku area.
To guard their hometown, the Nanbu Clansmen left Hakodate on a ship bought from an Englishman, Thomas Blakiston, on August 11.
This monument was erected by the “Nanbukai” (Nanbu Clan Society) of Iwate Prefecture on July 30, 1954.
CITY OF HAKODATE

 


南部坂

まちセンのお隣の坂が南部坂。昔、坂の上に南部藩の陣屋があったことに由来するらしい。

 

南部坂

2008年9月14日撮影。

 

函館市設置の標識に記載の内容は以下のとおり。

 

 

南部坂(なんぶざか)
幕府は、外国船の蝦夷地(北海道)近海への出没や、ロシアの南下など多難になってきたため、寛政11年(1799年)蝦夷地を直轄し、防衛のため奥羽諸藩に警備を命じた。日高海岸以東の警備にあたった南部藩の元陣屋がこの坂上にあったので「南部坂」と呼ばれた。
NAMBU ZAKA SLOPE
As foreign affairs became difficult, for example, unknown vessels often came and went off the coast of Hokkaido, and Russia tried to expand its sphere of influence by heading south, the Tokugawa Shogunate decided to take direct control of Hokkaido in 1799 and ordered several clans in the northern districts of Honshu (mainland Japan) to defend the area. One such clan, the Nambu clan, was made responsible to protect the eastern areas beyond the Hidaka coast I ine. They set up their headquarters at the top of this slope. This is why it is called ‘Nambuzaka slope.  CITY OF HAKODATE

スポンサーリンク