FUNAMI ZAKA SLOPE
The upper part of the slope was named “Funami cho” in 1873, because from here one can gain a clear view of all ship movement in the bay. The slope leading to “Funami cho” was named “Funami Zaka”. This slope was also called “Shomyoji Temple Zaka”, because it is situated at the foot of Shomyoji Temple. After World War II, an elementary school was built at the upper part of the slope and consequently the length of slope was reduced.